For Your Information
A major announcement is coming January 15th, that every 2011 senior will want to know about. Click here to receive e-mail notification or book mark this page and check back on 1-15-10
You've got questions, we've got answers...but we don't know where you left your keys. If you don't find the answer to your question here, please call us @ 1.800.341.1263 (toll free through out the fruited plain) or local 309.444.7010. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If I'm getting my senior portrait done, isn't there a certain place I have to go? In a word...no. Some people confuse senior portraits with yearbook pictures. While some schools require seniors to have yearbook shots taken by a particular photographer/studio, many accept them from us or any studio that meets the yearbook specifications. In many states the practice of "lock out contracts" or forcing seniors to go to a specific studio to be in the yearbook, has been outlawed. Check with your school and if you need yearbook shots, we'll make them for you...if you have to go to the schools studio for the yearbook shot we'll show you how you can get it free or at very little cost to you. Your senior portrait is the first portrait of you as an adult...it's the one you give to friends and the one that your parents hang on the wall for the next 20 years (trust me on this one. :-)
2. What's the difference between different sittings? Everyone's different and what they need or want is different so we offer three different sessions...and give you the option of upgrading or adding on to your session to make it exactly what you want.. Typically sessions can range anywhere from 15-25 poses, although the Directors Cut session is unlimited poses and includes most popular upgrades...maybe that's why it's so popular...but because it's a limited edition session (only10 available), it has sold out for the last two years. Remember, when you book a session, you're buying studio time. For this reason each of our sessions has a recommended number of outfits but in most cases we suggest you bring a few extras just to be on the safe side. You can also upgrade the Classic or Classic+ sessions to unlimited poses...be sure to click on the "Session Upgrades & Free Stuff" banner on the previous page to learn more.
3. What does it cost to have David Lee do your senior portrait? While David has been recognized as the top senior portrait photographer in the nation, his philosophy is that creative, artistic images shouldn't be the exclusive domain of the wealthy. For this reason, sessions start at just $85(25-50% off our more popular sessions with early summer incentives) and go up to around $1500 for the super inclusive Directors Cut session (limited to 10 per year). The typical senior who takes advantage of early summer specials can get a complete session, an 8x10, a couple of 5x7s and 8 wallets for under $275. While we will probably never be the least expensive we strive to be the best value in the state by offering award winning photography at a price that just about anyone can afford.
4. I like more traditional looking portraits...do you do those? Of course. One the prime reasons, people choose David Lee for their portraiture is that he talks to you about what you want your portrait to be like prior to beginning the session and then styles the images to match the look you're after. You can also get color, black & white, Browntone, Bluetone, Eurotone or Soft Metal from any color image...no extra charge, just let us know when you place your order.
5. What outfits should I bring with me? Basically you should bring the things you like. The clothes we choose are generally the ones we look best in and it's always a good idea to bring extras. While our portrait consultants will be happy to discuss this with you in detail when you call, here are a few suggestions.....
6. When Should I make My Appointment? The earlier the better. We generally book 2-3 weeks in advance however from the middle of May through the end of December, it's not uncommon for us to be booked 4-6 weeks ahead of time. To be safe, even if you're planning to come in later in the summer, call and make your reservation now. Beginning in 2008 David Lee began limiting the number of sessions he does each year, to be able to spend more time with each of the people he photographs...the result has been some incredible images and some very happy seniors but since we end up selling out, people who wait till mid-summer to call don't always get in.
7. How Long Will My Session Take? Depending on how much time you've reserved you can plan on being with us anywhere from 35 min. to around 90 min. for most sittings, however session upgrades can increase the number of poses and in some cases increase the time. We recommend that you arrive 10-15 min. early for your session, dressed in one of your outfits ready to be photographed. This allows us to maximize your time with David Lee, letting you get the most from your session.
8. When will my previews be ready? In general, your premier, along with your preview CD and accessories will be ready within a week to 10 days of your session. You can place your order at the big show or what most people will do is put down a $200 order advance and take a Preview CD home. From that point you can make your decisions in the comfort of your home and then return with your order after a week. Appointments are required for all visits to the studio...even just to pick something up. We consider it rude to leave someone who has reserved time with us to take care of someone who hasn't.
9. Who Will Be Doing My Portrait? David Lee personally photographs everyone...you're guaranteed the best. He's a Master Photographer, PPA-Certified and specializes in portraits and portfolios. He has been named one of the top ten photographers in Illinois four times and recently won Senior Photographers International Photographer of The Year twice. If you have questions about your sitting just call the studio and we'll get a message to him (it's hard for him to get to the phone if he's in a sitting), or you can drop him an e-mail by clicking here: e-mail David Lee. Once your previews come in you'll be working with one of our portrait consultants who specialize in assisting you with your order (they're better at this part than David Lee is...that's why we don't let him do it ).
10. What If I Want Something More Elaborate? You have many options. Probably the most popular are the "No Limits" upgrade that gives you unlimited poses within the amount of time you've scheduled..."Xtreme Black & White" is also a top contender for our most popular upgrade. If you want a more expanded session, you'll definitely want to visit the Session Upgrades page. If you want to go all out, there is no session anywhere that can match the super inclusive, limited edition Book Session...unlimited poses and any session upgrades you want at no extra charge. There are only 10 of these available and they've sold out for the last three years...but they include your book (20 8x10s or 10x10 layout pages), gift portraits and more.
11. What Kind Of Backgrounds Do You Have? A better question might be "what kind of background would you like?" Of course you don't do this everyday and that's why we're here to help you but if you have something special in mind, just let us know what you're after and we'll take it from there. Our main goal is to have enough basic materials (sets, backgrounds & props) to be able to create a sitting around you. While we're happy to do requests for a set or background one of your friends had, we primarily designs the sets around you and your clothes. We believe that in each session there is an opportunity to create at least one "Great Portrait" that hasn't been done for anyone else. To answer the question though...the last time we counted we could do over 300 different looks without going on location.
Click Here To Send Us An E-Mail
Back To The Imagine Lobby
Images | Special Offer | Back To Main | Back To Galleries